We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We would also like to set certain functional and advertising cookies to help us improve our site. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
You can click "Accept all cookies" below to accept use of all cookies on this website, or select "Manage cookies preferences" to choose which cookies we can use. For more information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie Notice
Solicitors Legal Knowledge (SLK)
- 13-week full-time course
- 20-week part-time course
- 40-week part-time course
- Price: £1,800
This Module will fully prepare you for SQE1. Students will learn to develop and apply core legal principles and rules in the context of 13 practice areas:
Business Law & Practice, Contract, Criminal Law & Practice, Dispute Resolution, Land Law, Legal Services, Legal Systems, Property Practice, Public & EU Law, Solicitors Accounts, Tort, Trusts, Wills and Administration of Estates.
Included in the course:
- Full access to Learning Portal and virtual community
- Over 1900 videos, activities, scenarios and flashcards, to access as and when you like
- 1800+ SQE1 style multiple-choice questions
- Mock SQE1 Assessments
- Hard copy and electronic manual
- 30 virtual surgeries on legal content and concepts and weekly ‘town halls’ run by supervisors
- 12 individual supervisions to monitor and support your progress
- Personal tutor support
Why study with us
What do students say about this course?
- Very happy with the preparation they received – isolating legal principle via course manual and presentations
- Flashcards & MCQs at the end of each unit – help to build confidence
- Surgeries were really helpful - time to go through the detail with subject expert supervisor
- Formative assessments from Week 4 were most helpful
- The mobile app – very good feedback re mobility of learning
70% of students felt that using the Learning Portal was easy or very easy
85% of students rated their 1-2-1 supervisor as good or very good
80% of students would highly recommend the College to others
- UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification or experience
- If English isn’t your first language, English language qualifications equivalent to IELTS at level 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6 in each component (writing, listening, speaking, reading)
If you don’t have a law degree or equivalent experience based on the English Legal System, we strongly recommend you take either a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or foundation level course in law prior to studying for the SQE. We will have our own Graduate Foundation in Law programme for students with a non-law degree or qualification commencing in 2022.
Click here to see our Admissions Guidance.
Credits for LLM in Legal Practice
30 at FHEQ Level 6
13-week full-time course, with an average of 30 hours of learning per week
20-week part-time course, with an average of 15 hours of learning per week
40-week part-time course, with an average of 8 hours of learning per week
A deposit is required to secure your place and you can pay via instalments, please see the fee schedule for details.
Please note, if you are an international student there may be an additional postage fee for hard copy materials.
Courses are timed to align with the SQE schedule set by the SRA.
Start dates: 26 September 2022 and 27 March 2023.
Every April and September thereafter
Start dates: 8 August 2022 and 12 September 2022.
Every February and August thereafter
Click here to see full schedule for course timings
How to Apply
Applications are open for all courses starting in 2021/22.