We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We would also like to set certain functional and advertising cookies to help us improve our site. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
You can click "Accept all cookies" below to accept use of all cookies on this website, or select "Manage cookies preferences" to choose which cookies we can use. For more information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie Notice
Solicitors Legal Knowledge (SLK)
- 13-week full-time course
- 20-week part-time course
- Price: £1,800
This Module will fully prepare you for SQE1. Students will learn to develop and apply core legal principles and rules in the context of 13 practice areas:
Business Law & Practice, Contract, Criminal Law & Practice, Dispute Resolution, Land Law, Legal Services, Legal Systems, Property Practice, Public & EU Law, Solicitors Accounts, Tort, Trusts, Wills and Administration of Estates.
Included in the course:
- Full access to Learning Portal and virtual community
- Over 1900 videos, activities, scenarios and flashcards, to access as and when you like
- 1800+ SQE1 style multiple-choice questions
- Mock SQE1 Assessments
- Hard copy and electronic manual
- 30 virtual surgeries on legal content and concepts and weekly ‘town halls’ run by supervisors
- 12 individual supervisions to monitor and support your progress
- Personal tutor support
Why study with us
What do students say about this course?
The College ran a pilot SLK course in June 2021 and the students felt that:
- Materials were easy to access, organised, coherent and well received, especially the video transcripts.
- They liked the content and the range of learning activities
- There was a clear link between the leaning materials and the sub- unit practice assessment
- The MCQs were challenging
- The Learning portal (Canvas) was experienced as well organised, intuitive and user-friendly.
100% found the range of formats very or extremely helpful
100% found there was a largely or very clear link between the assessment and what they had been taught.
- UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification or experience
- If English isn’t your first language, English language qualifications equivalent to IELTS at level 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6 in each component (writing, listening, speaking, reading)
If you don’t have a law degree or equivalent experience based on the English Legal System, we strongly recommend you take either a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or foundation level course in law prior to studying for the SQE. We will have our own Graduate Foundation in Law programme for students with a non-law degree or qualification commencing in 2022.
Click here to see our Admissions Guidance.
Credits for LLM in Legal Practice
30 at FHEQ Level 6
13-week full-time course, with an average of 20-25 hours of learning per week
20-week part-time course, with an average of 15 hours of learning per week
A deposit is required to secure your place and you can pay via instalments, please see the fee schedule for details.
Courses are timed to align with the SQE schedule set by the SRA. The College’s first full-time course begins in August 2021 (in preparation for SQE1 assessment in November 2021). Click here to see schedule for course timings.
How to Apply:
Applications are open for all courses starting in 2021/22.
If you have all the information you need to apply for this course, you can apply directly to Central Applications Board (LAWCAB). We will receive your application from LAWCAB. If you have any questions about your circumstances or the course, please contact us.