We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We would also like to set certain functional and advertising cookies to help us improve our site. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
You can click "Accept all cookies" below to accept use of all cookies on this website, or select "Manage cookies preferences" to choose which cookies we can use. For more information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie Notice
Solicitors Legal Skills (SLS)
- 10-week full-time course
- 20-week part-time course
- Price: £2,300
This Module will fully prepare you for SQE2. Students will be helped to apply fundamental legal principles in skills-based situations. This module develops the following legal skills:
Advocacy, Interviewing, Attendance note taking/legal analysis, Case and matter analysis (including negotiation strategies), Drafting, Research, Writing.
In the following practice areas:
Business Law and Practice, Criminal Litigation, Dispute Resolution, Probate Administration and Practice, Property Practice, Wills and Intestacy.
Included in the course:
- Full access to Learning Portal and virtual community
- 100+ activities, practice tasks and simulated assessments to access as and when you like
- Access to SQE1 prep’s legal knowledge videos and resources
- 30 practices with individual supervisor feedback
- 8 SQE2-style assessments
- Hard copy and electronic manual
- 15 individual supervisions to monitor and support your progress
- Regular virtual surgeries on legal content and ‘town halls’ run by supervisors
- Personal tutor support
Why study with us
- UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification or experience
- If English isn’t your first language, English language qualifications equivalent to IELTS at level 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6 in each component (writing, listening, speaking, reading)
You should have taken the SQE1 assessment prior to taking this module.
Click here to see our Admissions Guidance.
Credits for LLM in Legal Practice
30 at FHEQ Level 7
10-week full-time course, with an average of 30 hours of learning per week
20-week part-time course, with an average of 15 hours of learning per week
A deposit is required to secure your place and you can pay via instalments, please see the fee schedule for details.
Courses are timed to align with the SQE schedule set by the SRA. The College’s first full-time course begins in February 2022 (in preparation for SQE2 assessment in April 2022). Click here to see schedule for course timings.
How to Apply:
Applications are open for all courses in 2021/22.
If you have all the information you need to apply for this course, you can apply directly to Central Applications Board (LAWCAB). We will receive your application from LAWCAB.
If you have any questions about your circumstances or the course, please contact us.